About Me

My photo
I love food. I love cooking. I love drinks. I appreciate proper service. I love restaurants. Not necessarily expensive ones. Rather places with soul and spirit, where gastronomy and guests are respected. I freak out with bad food and neglecting service.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Ethiopia's white capsule

Nespresso is out with a new limited edition - Onirio -  coming from Ethiopia.

A very interesting blend, promising flower notes of jasmine and orange blossom.The coffee was roasted on a special way to provide refined aromas.

I liked the idea. Not to mention the elegant white packaging and the marketing communication with all those white flowers. I was amazed by
Publish Post
the new cup design, I really find it something special. I would say, one of the best editions ever from the Nespresso boutique.

But the coffee is not the best Nespresso has ever picked for a limited selection. The claimed rounded body  it's just not there. Despite the intensity level 5 the coffee is rather easy and light. The taste is not capturing and compare to other members of the Nespresso family, it doesn't leave any big impression once you taste it. It's weak for an espresso. Missing the kicking effect. More like a grandma kind of espresso. For sure this is something different in the range in terms of its light taste and the even lighter texture. But it's also sure, it's not gonna be the favorite of the coffee lovers.

Give it a try. Surely, I'll invest into a few cups. They are just amazing.

1 comment: