About Me

My photo
I love food. I love cooking. I love drinks. I appreciate proper service. I love restaurants. Not necessarily expensive ones. Rather places with soul and spirit, where gastronomy and guests are respected. I freak out with bad food and neglecting service.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011


I love chocolate.

Not just that first sweet bite, but already the whole idea of buying a chocolate bar. How is it?

You get the idea. You are tempted to go for it, but then reality kicks in. So you say no. How could you? Summer is arriving… Rather just follow your Atkins-Diet…But since you are at the store already, it can’t harm you to look at the chocolate section. Just to look. And just to get lost. Especially if they are packaged smart. Something different. Just to get a little attention once you walk in. To stop you. Front of them. They are smiling at you. Straight from the packaging. Sexy underwear. Beautiful bodies. 100% US style from 1953. Not the desperate ones. But the lovely pin ups. Seriously Monroe is not even close to these girls. Temptation pure. Smiling down at you from an old-school chocolate paper. You are lost.

Let’s see. Wow! Big size! America hits you immediately. Really, it hardly fits into your palms. You turn it around: Made in USA. You pull your nose. No way to buy it. It’s not really sophisticated. Do you agree? Or not? Atkins swings in. And your mother. Talking about being appropriate... You put it back. She looks at you again. No way to leave it here. You are deceived. And you haven’t even tasted yet the delightfully rich, but smooth chocolate bars of MarieBelle New York. The Columbian chocolate combinations are fantastic. Reminds me of the good old chocolate bars of grandma. Takes you back in time for a bite.

My personal favourite is Daisy. But if one day Charlotte will ask me again, I won’t say no….

No comments:

Post a Comment