About Me

My photo
I love food. I love cooking. I love drinks. I appreciate proper service. I love restaurants. Not necessarily expensive ones. Rather places with soul and spirit, where gastronomy and guests are respected. I freak out with bad food and neglecting service.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Magical Verbena


No. I didn't lose my mind writing about one of the most sought after herbal infusions of the world. I am a great fan of this fantastic herb, which is good for your digestive system, calms your nerves and even reduces fever. Verbena is not just known as a natural medicine, but grown also for commercial use, and culinary purposes as well. Culinary as well, yes. But since verbena lost its appreciation in European kitchen in the last century, I am wondering how many of you have actually spiced your grilled chicken, fish stew or crème brûlée already with this lemony scent?

Well if you use it, you know, what I am talking about. If not, please give it a go.

You can actually replace oregano with verbena and create a totally new taste on good old recipes. Mix it with basil and you will fly to heaven once you taste your seafood pasta. Mix it with vanilla and add it to your fruit salad or sorbet. If you are lazy to cook, just peep your mojito with some fresh leaves and discover a new tantalizing drink.

Believe me, you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment